The Chapel of Saint Peter
Father Six built this chapel in 1896, dedicating it to his own patron saint. The entire building is jackfruit wood, but today the restored parts are made of oak. In the Chapel of St. Peter, we can admire these masterpieces in wood showing a ring of keys, the tiara with three crowns, the supreme symbols of Saint Peter in the Church. Everything was planned with thought to a complementary and mutual harmony of the multiple elements. The altar and its upper tiers are formed by a solid block of stone weighing twenty tons. The choir is flanked laterally by a balustrade of stone with high-reliefs representing the twelve apostles. There were twelve small churches in Phat Diem parish, and Father Six had the idea to give each the name of an apostle. These names, along with a little prayer, can be found etched on these twelve reliefs.